Here are some software programs useful for genealogy. In the coming weeks I will be adding some recommended programs and a few software reviews.
GED-GEN is a shareware program, meaning you can try it free for 30 days. If you like it and continue to use it, you pay a $20 registration fee. Features include:
- Multimedia: Add galleries of multimedia items referenced in your GEDCOM.
- Portraits: Add portraits using your primary scrapbook images.
- Surnames: The surname pages can include surname frequency counts.
- Index: Easy to read index pages are partitioned and grouped by surname.
- Family: Family pages are in group sheet format, one family per page.
- Seamless: Customize colors, fonts, and headings to match your website.
- Biographies: Add links to your biography web pages.
- Narratives: Add links to your family narrative web pages.
- Navigate: Add kinship phrases to help visitors navigate your pages.
- Import: Display the contents of text or web files on family pages.
- Images: Display a person's image next to their name.
- Groups: Display a family group picture on each page.
- Privacy: Exclude living individuals, or hide names and/or dates.
- Footnotes: Include source citations, and bibliography and repository pages.
- Facts: Selectively include or exclude over 40 facts, and research notes.
- Labels: Change the text of all titles and labels; create non-English pages.
- CSS: Override styles with your own Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Low-level: Include scripts directly in web page files.
- Help: Complete help facility.
- Plus: Find many more options to fine-tune your web pages.
Visit the GED-GEN website to download your copy today!
For uploading and downloading files from this or other websites, I recommend Core FTP, a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) client. It's free and easy to use.
Contact: Mike Voisin